Turn inexpensive pie tins into a charming display for homemade goodies. Arrange cookies and mints on each level to really impress your guests at the end of a dinner party. Best of all? This DIY is easy as pie.
Materials & Tools
- 3 Vintage pie tins in different sizes
- 2 Long vintage wooden spools
- 4 Small brass balls or cap nuts
- 120 Grade sandpaper
- Super glue
- The four brass balls go on the bottom of the largest tin and will serve as the feet of the stand. Decide where to place them and mark the locations with a pencil. Then, sand the spots marked. This will help the glue stick to the vintage tin.
- Glue brass balls in place, allowing the glue to dry according to the label’s instructions.
- Flip the bottom tin right-side up and mark the center. Sand the tin and glue the first spool in that location. Allow to dry completely.
- Repeat step 3 to place your second and third tiers. Make sure the stand is as level as possible. Then, fill your new stand with cookies or other treats and admire your work!
Tips for inspiration: Pie tins and wooden spools can be found at flea markets, thrift stores, or online. For a floral centerpiece with a vintage touch, fill each layer of the stand with flowers.
For a little Home-Grown. Inspiration, start shopping now.