Plain wood cutting boards can be a little dull. So add a modern edge with a wood burned design. All you need is a wooden cutting board and a wood burning tool. Then your options are limitless!
Materials & Tools
- Cutting board
- Wood burning tool
- Wood burning tool attachment kit
- Pencil (optional)
- Wood scrap (optional)
- Plug in your wood burning tool with the original angled attachment bit and allow it to heat up fully (up to 3-5 minutes). If you’d like to practice a bit, make a few test marks and impressions in your wood scrap to get used to the feel of the tool.
- Plan your pattern or trace it onto your wood using a pencil. Start by outlining your pattern using the original angled attachment.
- Switch to a wider burnishing attachment (it looks like the angled top of a tube of lipstick) and begin to fill in your pattern, moving slowly and allowing the surface of the wood to turn dark brown or black.
- Once you’ve finished your pattern, wash your board with soap and water. Now chop away!
For a little Home-Grown. Inspiration, start shopping now.